A Toast to Good Queen Vic
Tomorrow marks the beginning of a holiday that has a special place in the hearts of Canadians. May two four is the quintessential Canadian holiday - a long weekend with no other reason than the fact that, after a long winter, we need one. :o Queen Vic's birthday fell at exactly the right time for this, so she was drafted as the one who we commemorate at this time. She was a practical woman and would surely have approved the fact that the celebration of her birthday is not necessarily exactly on her day - it has to be a Monday, eh? So's we can all get that long weekend we all so desperately need at this point in the year. ;)

As a cottager, it is even more sacred. It is the opening weekend of the cottage season. No matter that many of us start earlier. This is the weekend to party ! To blow off fireworks ! To blow off steam !

In the light of the recent spate of somewhat more testy threads that have been gracing this forum, I suspect everyone needs a Victoria Day Weekend. None of this dour Memorial Day stuff.....a celebration !

Please join me in a toast to the Queen

*pours a round of Crystal*

Those of you who would rather drink other things - well, go buy your own. :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Messages In This Thread
A Toast to Good Queen Vic - by ShadowHM - 05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
A Toast to Good Queen Vic - by DeeBye - 05-20-2005, 01:03 AM
A Toast to Good Queen Vic - by Jester - 05-22-2005, 06:15 PM