Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
Drasca,May 4 2005, 01:00 PM Wrote:There's the fact of channelling becoming interrupted. Any attack = reduced overall mana efficiency and overall damage wasted. 3 attacks and it is over. No more hellfire. 17 talent points for less interruptions? No thank you. I like demonology and afflic much better. I'm no mage. I don't want to be.

Okay, that's a fair point. I should say that Warlock AoE can easily be better than mage AoE, but isn't necessarily so. If you have no points in Destruction warlocks certainly won't be able to play mage quite as well. Properly specced Destruction warlocks do better than mages, though. I've had the good or bad fortune to play alongside Lissa's Tahapenes for a long time, and Tahapenes has at least 31 in Destruction and outputs better damage than I do. You may not want to be a mage, but some warlocks do.

Quote:In additon, there is the huge mana cost.. 1300 mana. Can only cast that 3x maximum. I *need* to hestitate. I don't have the luxury of running aoe to test range, or spam-cast willy nilly. I have to get the timing just right, waiting for aggro, for optimum range and positioning, and if need be soul link + life tap before it... further adding and health cost to my AoE. The only standard (non talent specced) advantage is that my channeled spell isn't affected by slow cast time curses afaik.
[right][snapback]76284[/snapback][/right]

You only have 3900 mana?

That notwithstanding, a group with proper communication between all members can easily maneuver mobs such that all end up in the proper area. Correct positioning is not so hard with practice.

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by Skandranon - 05-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM