Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
vor_lord,Apr 29 2005, 02:29 PM Wrote:How would two warlocks stack hellfire without a paladin?  I'm honestly asking -- the channeled stationary nature of hellfire has to count for something against it.

Make the warlocks stand on top of each other and have them both cast Hellfire. I don't understand the problem. One warlock should start before the other in order to let the healer heal only one target.

Quote:For me, with no experience playing a mage (but plenty partying with one and a warlock), the idea that a warlock is better at AoE is very surprising to me.  A warlock can't even apply it without two kinds of help (some way to keep from being interrupted and healing).  Perhaps we just need to learn better tactics?

Mages need healing too. All warlocks need is a little assistance with the self-damage and the interruption and they're golden. The point I'm making is that nothing anyone can do can make the mage better. Even if everyone was *trying*, there's simply nothing they can do to help.

Quote:edit:  I see you have a 60 paladin.  Can you tell me what 4 things I could be best at if I knew how to better play my class?
[right][snapback]75685[/snapback][/right]

Paladins are best at:

1.) Party aggro control. Blessing of Salvation is one of the most powerful buffs in the game. No other class has any ability to reduce the aggro someone else puts out.
2.) Debuff removal. Nothing says debuff removal like a Cleanse: nothing else comes close.
3.) Resistances. No other class has the ability to instantly give the entire party a +60 resistance buff to whatever they're fighting.
4.) Off-tanking. In a 5-man situation, the off-tank needs to be able to hold one mob's aggro and survive with little or no attention from the party's healer. Paladins do this like no other class can.

I don't know what you were expecting, though, since I figure you do all these things while playing your class already. You probably folded them all into the heading of "can survive" but that's far too broad, especially when it's being compared against "best CC" which is a highly specific category. I ask you only to notice, while playing, the specific benefits which you bring to a party.

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by Skandranon - 05-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM