Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
Skandranon,Apr 29 2005, 06:49 AM Wrote:Fearsome?  If you say so.  But fearsome or not, two mages stacking IAE and blizzard are doing 25% less damage than two warlocks stacking Hellfires.  I'm not saying mage AoE isn't good.  But how about, say, having the class that's supposed to be best at AoE actually, you know, be best at AoE?  Is this such a novel concept?

How would two warlocks stack hellfire without a paladin? I'm honestly asking -- the channeled stationary nature of hellfire has to count for something against it.

Quote:No disagreement, but why is it that everyone must bring this up?  It's like the free mount argument for Paladins.  "It's okay that everything else you have is second rate, because you have one thing you can do well."?  Never mind that every other class has at least four things that they're the best at.
[right][snapback]75638[/snapback][/right]

I think to know a classes weaknesses you must play it. I think you would be extremely hard pressed to find 4 things that _any_ single class is best at, let alone each one of them. Those that play those classes will be quick to give an argument as to why they aren't the best.

The paladin for example -- I would have to say that they are the hardest to kill when alone. Nothing else comes to mind. There might be something else, but three more things? I would say mages are the best at CC and AoE -- but I am not focused on their weaknesses like someone who has played one so much.

Naturally as you have probably more experience with a mage than most anyone (reaching far back into beta iirc?) you have become frustrated with their weaknesses. I would have to say the same about my own class. Isn't this why so many have altitis?

For me, with no experience playing a mage (but plenty partying with one and a warlock), the idea that a warlock is better at AoE is very surprising to me. A warlock can't even apply it without two kinds of help (some way to keep from being interrupted and healing). Perhaps we just need to learn better tactics?

edit: I see you have a 60 paladin. Can you tell me what 4 things I could be best at if I knew how to better play my class?

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by vor_lord - 04-29-2005, 07:29 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM