Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
Skandranon,Apr 29 2005, 11:02 AM Wrote:This is true.  However, they can hold aggro on every target most of the time, and much of the remainder of the time breakouts will be singles.  Talk to any tank player - one of the hardest times for them to do their job is when the player starts running, which starts the mob running.  It's hard enough for tanks to target and take aggro from every creature.  Fleeing and running in circles just makes it that much harder.
[right][snapback]75648[/snapback][/right]

I'm a very bad tank. If someone pulls aggro and then proceeds to run away from me while adding threat tends to die under my care. I simply cannot risk losing all aggro by trying to top the threat a kiter makes. It is much better, if you get aggro, to follow Skan's strategy of popping mana shield and coming nearer the tank for me to resteal aggro. I played with a mage the other night on Shalandrax. I ended up using taunt the most against a single non-boss mob than I ever had before. She opened up with Pyroblast and I taunted it back to me. Before I got the rage for a shield block, demo shout or sunder she hit it with a fireball, when the timer was up I taunted again and used my other threat generating skills to no avail. She alternated between fireball pyroblast and arcane missiles. She got an add and began running in circles trying to AoE to kill both. She died quickly and I finished off the two mobs. She then proceeded to berate me for not keeping her safe. :rolleyes:

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by Tal - 04-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM