Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW?
vor_lord,Apr 28 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:Does this really help all that much?  Unless talented (and I don't think it's a very popular talent) it's just a 35% chance to not be interrupted.  I assumed that meant it wasn't worth much with channeled spells.

Our group uses two AoE tactics:  If both the mage and the warlock are doing it, let the mage pop a few off first so he holds aggro while the warlock hellfires.  If just the warlock is there, I give him blessing of protection.

If concentration aura is enough to make AoE with a warlock usable more often I will have to try that.
[right][snapback]75572[/snapback][/right]

It helps a great deal. With Intesity 2/2 (70% to avoid interruption) and Concentration (35% to avoid interruption) it means that I can get every tick out of Hellfire because the aura and talent add, not one is choosen over the other. With 5+ mobs beating on me, even with the 70% from Intesity, Hellfire drops quickly, with Concentration and Intensity, all the Healer has to do is keep me alive for the spell to have full effect. A lot of Paladins, even though you explain this to them, seem to think that it is better to have Devotion up to give everyone a 5 to 7% reduction in damage and don't realize that me doing 3k+ damage to all mobs in my radius will reduce the damage taken to everyone by way more than 5 to 7% (because I have ALL the agro, mobs don't like 3k damage in 15s and my damage will out do the agro that the Healers would get by keeping me alive while I'm Hellfiring).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-27-2005, 01:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by Lissa - 04-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 04-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 03:31 PM
Is the (Shadow)Priest the better Mage in WOW? - by savaughn - 05-17-2005, 07:53 PM