Combat build critique
Hi all!

After finally getting a new computer able to play current games, I managed to get myself a copy of WoW (before the new batch was released, they had been sold out in England...) and have been spending the last couple of weeks getting a hang of the game, trying out different characters and generally finding out what I want to play.

At the moment I’ve settled on a Rogue after a little stint as both a priest and druid.

I want to play my Rogue as more of a sword master, than a stealth assassin, (and I prefer the style of a rogue to a warrior) so am thinking of a combat heavy sword/sword build. I’m playing on a PvP server, but hope to use this character in all aspects of the game, from instances to the up coming battlegrounds. I know this build isn’t an ideal PvP one, but I hope to be able to at least hold my own!

15/36/0

Assassination

Improved Eviscerate 3/3
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

Malice 5/5
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

Ruthlessness 3/3
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

Relentless Strikes 1/1
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.

Lethality 3/5
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ambush, Ghostly Strike, or Haemorrhage ability by 30%.

Combat

Improved Sinister Strike 2/2
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5.

Improved Gouge 3/3
Increases the effect duration of your Gouge ability by 1.5 seconds.

Deflection 5/5
Increases your Parry chance by 5%.

Precision 5/5
Increases your chance to hit with melee weapons by 5%

Riposte 1/1
A strike that becomes active after parrying an opponent's attack. This attack deals 150% weapon damage and disarms the target for 6 seconds.

Improved Sprint 3/3
Reduces the cooldown of your Sprint ability by 90 seconds.

Improved Kick 2/2
Gives your kick ability a 100% chance to silence the target for 2 seconds.

Dual Wield Specialization 5/5
Increases the damage done by your offhand weapon by 50%.

Blade Flurry 1/1
Increases your attack speed by 20%. In addition, attacks strike an additional nearby opponent. Lasts 15 seconds. Requires a melee weapon to use.

Sword Specialization 5/5
Gives you a 5% chance to get an extra attack after dealing damage with your Sword.

Aggression 3/3
Increases the damage of your Sinister Strike and Eviscerate abilities by 6%.

Adrenaline Rush 1/1
Increases your Energy regeneration rate by 100% for 15 seconds.

The idea would be to have a large DPS using two weapons, starting with a SS/1pt SnD, then spamming SS/Evis, stacking Blade Flurry when needed or when pulling multiple Mobs. Getting the last two points of Lethality would be nice, but I’m unsure if I want to drop anything to get it. Maybe losing two points from Dual Wield. Imp Gouge could be swapped for 3 points of Lightning Reflexes, but not using CS from Stealth, Gouge will be my main Mez. I want Precision to up my hit rate (which will be lowered by dual wielding), I could drop Riposte, but it’s only 1 talent for a situational 10 energy instant attack.

Not being able to use poisons with swords is a pain, but I’m not interested in using daggers (which also rules out Backstab/Ambush). I’m hoping the 5% from Sword Spec will proc quite often, can you crit on these extra attacks? If so, a 5% change for an additional attack with your normal crit chance is far better than an extra 5% crit.

I’m alos unsure of what professions to take. Herbalsim would be usefull for things like Thistle Tea (Although I’ve not a fan of Alchemy), Leatherworking for Devilsaur or Engineering for PvP applications…

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
Combat build critique - by GentlemanLoser - 04-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 06:47 PM
Combat build critique - by playingtokrush - 04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Combat build critique - by vor_lord - 04-27-2005, 08:37 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Combat build critique - by Malakar - 04-27-2005, 08:49 PM
Combat build critique - by Gurnsey - 04-27-2005, 08:57 PM