How to not piss off your dagger rogue
Treesh,Apr 20 2005, 09:36 PM Wrote:I'm making this specifically about dagger rogues because that's what my rogues use and it seems that not too many of our lurkers have grouped with dagger rogues, even those with multiple characters in the 60s.[right][snapback]74639[/snapback][/right]

Treesh, good stuff! This reminds me a little bit too much of my Priest Rant. It's a very good thing for anyone who has played a lot of any class to post their partying gripes. Nobody's had the time to play all 9 classes to level 60 and nobody knows every little detail of these classes, so these posts really help. Whole strategy guides could be written just telling other classes how to take best advantage of any one particular class. In the end, it makes us all better players. What most players know of are the basic roles and a few tricks of the other classes, but not the in-depth tips and tricks that come through deep playing experience of a particular class. Heck, it wasn't until I was level 50-something in RETAIL on my Priest that I learned about the joys of Improved Sap - I had never seen it in action (of course, that says a lot about many Rogue players, too).

Getting off topic - to me, Rogues are a guilty pleasure. When I play one I find myself shaking my head at times at the insanity of their 1v1 killing speed. Quests to go out and kill X mobs are done in less than half the time of a Holy-spec Priest or Defensive-based Warrior with very little additional risk. I can see why they're so popular. But I also see why they're not wanted in instances and how that can be frustrating. I'd hate to go so far as to say that Rogues are "easy mode" in the normal leveling process, but I find the difference jarring when I switch to, say, a Druid and I can't take something down to 50-65% health in ONE hit anymore (Ambush/Crit), obliterate it seconds later, and have no real downtime since mana isn't a concern. Heal myself? Why, when I kill it so fast it only lands two hits on me? :)

I think if I had started WoW with a Rogue, every other class would feel painfully slow, weak, and boring. And then I'd complain that nobody wanted me for instances. Just like so many other Rogues out there, and I understand why. You can't have it both ways - uber soloing ability and greatly wanted in groups. Then that's all anybody would play!

Oops, now I'm really going off on a tangent, and I don't want to thread hijack.

End of line.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

Messages In This Thread
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Treesh - 04-21-2005, 02:36 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Quark - 04-21-2005, 02:58 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Treesh - 04-21-2005, 03:57 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Sabra - 04-21-2005, 04:11 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Darian - 04-21-2005, 04:34 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Kevin - 04-21-2005, 05:21 AM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Tal - 04-21-2005, 12:50 PM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Bolty - 04-21-2005, 07:18 PM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Treesh - 04-21-2005, 08:19 PM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Ynir - 04-22-2005, 04:30 PM
How to not piss off your dagger rogue - by Tal - 04-25-2005, 12:53 PM