I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Here's the problem with nostalgia -- inevitably, you always remember the good and forget about the bad. Everything looks just perfect when you do that.

See, I for one don't feel like getting shot because I forget to turn my cell phone ringer off before sitting down for dinner. I don't mind being reminded by the manager of the restaurant when my cell phone goes off, and I'll certainly turn my phone on silent imediately afterwards.

The "good old days" where people were challenged to a duel if they offended someone... *sigh.* Please tell me you're not entirely serious. Yes, I can agree that some people need a lesson, and I can agree that some people will only react to extreme lessons. But I still don't feel like being shot because I forgot to turn my ringer off.

As for your area being "redneck central," well, it's already been stated that even with cell phones outlawed, people will be rude. I will add, however, that if it's so bad in your area that the choices are cell jammer or physically attacking someone, maybe you need to move.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by gekko - 04-15-2005, 02:25 PM