I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone
Doc,Apr 13 2005, 07:20 PM Wrote:Cell phones are fine for emergencies.

[...]

I purchased my jammer after personally crushing several terribly expensive phones and nearly kicking a few asses out of frusteration. Nothing pisses me off more than cell phones and the vast majority of people that use them. Can't stand it. Drives me nuts.

Don't get me started on idiot drivers that use cell phones...
[right][snapback]73867[/snapback][/right]

Your solution, while unfortunately made almost neccessary by the ignorant masses, is just as unfortunately a bad solution.

Emergencies, by their very nature, occur at unpredictable moments. No, people in movie theatres should not have their ringer turned on. No, they should not take chit-chat phone calls in the middle of dinner. However, your solution is just as hard on the responsable cell phone user -- yes, we do exist -- as it is on the ignorant ones.

Cell phones get misused and abused; however, that doesn't make cell phones the problem. People have been ignorant jerks since the dawn of time. The fact that public cell phone use is the current annoying trend doesn't in any way mean all cell phone users are bad.

I open doors for ladies, I make my girlfriend wear my coat when the temperature drops expectedly -- and I use my cell phone in public places. Discreetly. Quietly. As little as possible.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"

Messages In This Thread
I am looking for a specific polyphonic ringtone - by gekko - 04-14-2005, 02:06 AM