Some Warrior questions
Gnolack bounces between dual wield, one hander and shield, and two hander (right now a polearm because it's better than any other 2 hander I have come across but it is usually an axe).

Dual wield is much smoother rage generation. In defensive stance not only do I get smoother rage generation I seem to get more parries. I haven't gotten enough data yet, but revenge is available as often when wielding 2 weapons as it is when using 1H and shield, discounting activations of shield block to force it up. Revenge generates more hate than the damage it does suggests it should. This helps me lock down better while also making other skills like sunder and disarm available more consistently. If I don't need the extra damage reduction of the shield my damage output in defensive stance is better with 2 weapons than one, and I have more a safety net for with the smoother rage generation.

Another advantage is your offhand still gets a chance to proc, if you have a nice enchantment on it. So you can now have 2 seperate procs you can get. Plus you get a chance at more stats, though this is pretty well balanced out.

Now of course since I put a two hander on for a cleave, overpower, execute, charge, slam if I'm off tanking, etc. and slap a 1H and shield on for bashes or wanting to get a revenge and the 40% stun chance, or swap to 2 weapons if I want to get better rage generation it doesn't really matter. I'm not tied to one style. But dual wield is viable. Heck at times a dagger is really nice becuase all those next attack skills, like concussion blow, will come a lot closer to when you really want them if you missed the time of the attack swings. I see less aggro bouncing with dual wield. Those situtions where you are tanking for someone a few levels higher than you how gets a few lucky crits and the thing runs off then you hit with the two hander 2 seconds later and it comes back then thier next hit peals it again and you get it back and lock it with a special move again. I see that a lot less with dual wield because I'm doing a more constant stream of damage.

But again to each his own. The warrior special skills certainly do favor a 2 hander and big damage ones at that. All those weapon damage skills do much better with 2 handed weapons. But it's also easy to switch out to a two hander for these skills.

I think Blizzard did a good job of not making this clear cut.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Some Warrior questions - by Cyath - 04-12-2005, 06:27 AM
Some Warrior questions - by Artega - 04-12-2005, 06:39 AM
Some Warrior questions - by playingtokrush - 04-12-2005, 10:45 AM
Some Warrior questions - by Artega - 04-12-2005, 11:43 AM
Some Warrior questions - by Thawwing Light - 04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
Some Warrior questions - by Tal - 04-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Some Warrior questions - by Mavfin - 04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Some Warrior questions - by Kevin - 04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Some Warrior questions - by Olon97 - 04-12-2005, 06:39 PM
Some Warrior questions - by playingtokrush - 04-12-2005, 07:50 PM
Some Warrior questions - by playingtokrush - 04-12-2005, 07:52 PM