2 Priests, 2 Hunters, and a Rogue walk into BRD...
Quark,Apr 10 2005, 12:18 PM Wrote:I had heard it was manageable before, but it took a few tries to figure it out.  A single Rogue can make the Lyceum passable with effort.  First, tell the rest of the group to stay back.  Their only job at the beginning is to fight to you for a res if you die torch in hand.  Second, make sure loot is FFA!

Stealth around and look for the Flamekeepers.  They spawn in about 5 different spots, have a quick respawn (meaning you can afford to mess up), and there are 2 out at a time (I think).  If you watch their walking pattern carefully, you can occasionally find a hole where they're far enough from everything else to prevent drawing aggro.  Ambush them, kill as quickly as possible, loot immediately, and restealth if you didn't get aggro.  If you did get aggro, you have two choices: Vanish (and pray it works) or just run towards the door so your group can get to your body easier.  If this happens, make sure they know to let you die.  If you have to walk back from the graveyard, you won't make it in time, so it's important the group stays back and lives.  I tend to not use vanish here, and you'll see why in a bit.

Once you are stealthed, torch in hand, head to an elemental.  Start from in between the torch spot and elemental.  Cheap shot, sinister strike to 5 combo points, then Kidney Shot.  Immediately plant the torch - you have just enough time - then Vanish and run away.  Wait, you used vanish before?  Then it's time to walk from the graveyard  :unsure:

Then wait for your cooldowns to expire and repeat on the next Flamekeeper :).  With no respawns, Lyceum is doable even with Hunter's AoE.
[right][snapback]73530[/snapback][/right]

That's very interesting.

I was wondering whether your Hunters had used Exploding Trap. I recall during my one semi-successful 5-man BRD run (We got all the way up to Emperor, he wiped us twice in a row and we were SoL), our Hunter kept on using Feign+Exploding Trap to put fire DoT on multiple enemies. With two Hunters, maybe that'd be enough to get through the Lyceum?
Seek the truth
Behold the truth
Reveal the truth
That is the law and the whole of the law

Messages In This Thread
2 Priests, 2 Hunters, and a Rogue walk into BRD... - by BoddoZerg - 04-11-2005, 01:22 PM