Scoop! Leaked notes at least partially accurate!
lemekim,Apr 8 2005, 01:41 PM Wrote:The warrior post is actually much like the Warlock posts. Sure, its 4 pages long, but warlocks have 5 different blue stickies, and how much did that help them? The post contains little explanation and is mostly a very long statement that everything is working as intended. The warrior post is/was just as useless, and there haven't been any followup/replies/blue posts there in over 2 months.

A good example of a useful post would be the Druid's one - their complaints were understood, they actually got the much needed buffs that they requested (DD cat form finisher, Barkskin, etc), and it was direct and to a point.

P.S. I understood that warlocks will be getting shards if they kill someone in pvp who was green or higher to them - so perhaps that will solve at least some problems there. Hopefully it will apply to group kills too - since there the odds of getting a killing blow can go down quite a bit.
[right][snapback]73410[/snapback][/right]
They will be getting shards in PvP vs players (not PvP enabled NPCs), however, as in my original lenghty posting, will only marginally help, due to issues with Drain Soul being a channeled, low damage, 3 second tic DoT, which isn't a very good idea in PvP. It will help, sure, but is severely lacking, IMO.

I disagree with you on the warrior/warlock postings. Kalgan addresses MANY specific issues and addressed each one in detail and offers a good arguement behind the reasoning/balance of the issue/skill/talent. Even if the end result is "working as intended", the warriors know they were heard. He also mentions many times that they are aware of the initial rage issue, and that Bloodrage needs to be reworked. The warlocks don't get any real helpful design input from developers, or why things were or weren't intended. "Enslave demon is not dispellable", but enslave demon is still crap is a recent buff/nerf package. There's less healthy discussion of the class from designer view to player view. Kalgan proves he understands and hears the warriors. Eyonix has yet to prove that to warlocks.

P.S. It might be of some note to point out that I only play these two classes, but my warrior is of low level.

Edit: Changed appropriate poster in my link, Tyren posted, but the content was from Kalgan.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight

Messages In This Thread
Scoop! Leaked notes at least partially accurate! - by bonemage - 04-08-2005, 09:23 PM