Man arrested at Best Buy for using $2 bills
DeeBye,Apr 6 2005, 06:56 PM Wrote:The other day, one of Bolesta's sons needed a few bucks. Bolesta pulled out his wallet and "whipped out a couple of $2 bills. But my son turned away. He said he doesn't want 'em any more."

He's seen where such money can lead.
[right][snapback]73248[/snapback][/right]
And one of life's simple joys has been stolen from the poor kid. When I was little at Christmas, my folks always gave us quarters or half-dollars that were made during my sister's birth year and my birth year*. It was a neat thing for me because mine were the bicentennial designs and my sister's were just plain ones. I didn't really care about the money, just that it was different. And now that poor kid gets told in yet another way that being different is bad. Bleh.

* No, that wasn't all we got for presents on Christmas. They were just part of all the stocking stuffers. Along with an orange for some reason. I thought the orange was just something that mom did, but then I heard some complete stranger (I think it may have been part of a comic's routine, but don't remember for sure anymore) mention oranges as a Christmas stocking stuffer.
Intolerant monkey.

Messages In This Thread
Man arrested at Best Buy for using $2 bills - by Treesh - 04-07-2005, 02:16 PM