The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent
savaughn Wrote:By comparison, a fire mage has their more common abilities (pyroblast, fireball, etc.) enhanced by only Ignite, Critical Mass and Firepower - half as many damage bonuses.
Go ahead and take a look at the numbers involved in those bonuses. Just noting that there are fewer talents to boost the damage of the staple fire spells does nothing. The quality of the talents is the key.

savaughn Wrote:You can feel free to be dismissive of the bonus damage all you like.  A 7DPS increase (17.5DPS for a crit) isn't the end of the world.  As such, there are two other trees or entirely other classes you may choose to indulge in, instead.  My hunter is quite happy to be a marksmanship hunter.
Um, I'm talking about RWS here. RWS would give you something around a 1.5 DPS increase at level 60, depending on your weapon. The contention is that is a pitiful bonus for a five point investment in a 25-TP prerequisite talent.

Edit: this all ties in to my statements here:

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...542&#entry71542

For those who are content with cookie cutter builds, there's really no problem. But I'd rather see Blizzard encourage more versatility.

Messages In This Thread
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by playingtokrush - 04-06-2005, 11:12 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM