The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent
playingtokrush,Apr 6 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:First, that still doesn't account for my comment that the two crit related talents improve overall DPS by a much better margin than a higher-tiered talent, which doesn't seem right at all.
[right][snapback]73139[/snapback][/right]
The interesting thing about the hunter bonus DPS is that it all actually stacks on top of each other. By the time you get to Trueshot Aura, you've got no less than six talents stacking directly on top of each other with the four bonus damage skills getting a further damage boost from Mortal and Lethal shots. Your 25 tier talent gives you a flat increase across the board as does your 30 tier. I'm not complaining. By comparison, a fire mage has their more common abilities (pyroblast, fireball, etc.) enhanced by only Ignite, Critical Mass and Firepower - half as many damage bonuses. And most builds have no increase to the very commonly used Arcane Missiles.

playingtokrush,Apr 6 2005, 02:43 AM Wrote:Second, saying that RWS is "right in line with the rest of the hunter's talents" and then comparing it to two other bad talents (in the talent trees of what is arguably the most unfinished class) is not very convincing.
[right][snapback]73139[/snapback][/right]
I'm not comparing them to two other bad talents. I'm comparing them to every non-crit related direct damage boost in the Hunter line except Trueshot Aura which provides an additional 2.5dps - higher, but still in line with the others.

You can feel free to be dismissive of the bonus damage all you like. A 7DPS increase (17.5DPS for a crit) isn't the end of the world. As such, there are two other trees or entirely other classes you may choose to indulge in, instead. My hunter is quite happy to be a marksmanship hunter.

Messages In This Thread
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-05-2005, 05:59 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 12:24 AM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-06-2005, 10:42 PM
The hunter's Ranged Weapon Specialization talent - by savaughn - 04-08-2005, 04:16 PM