Friends don't let Friends kill Friends
Jester,Mar 8 2005, 09:00 AM Wrote:Nit: Isn't the Russian word for friend "drug", whereas tovarish translates to "comrade"?

(apologies for the poor transliteration...)

Apparently the Latvian is "draugs", which doesn't really surprise me much, except that that appears to the singular form, which is disconcerting to my english brain. :P

My two kopeks,

Jester
[right][snapback]70006[/snapback][/right]

So whats your point? In most slavic languages the word "drug" means "comrade"! :D
I spent the first five years of my life in a communist system and nobody called me or anyone else "drug" or "druže" (vokativ of "drug") :huh:.

Where I come from that had been sort of a "tittle" for someone who was an "active" member of the communist party, hardly for a minor. :P

Among our selves, we called each other "prijatelj" which means "friend". :rolleyes:

If you ask me I think the translation must be really bad! :rolleyes:
It is a myth that the hair and nails grow after death! The skin shrinks, giving the illusion of their growth.

When J.F.K. was assassinated in 1963, it was not a federal felony to kill a U.S. President.

The leading cause of death to military personnel in peace time is drunk driving.

It would take more than 2.5 minutes to fall from the top of Mt. Everest.

0xDECAFBAD is a hex oddity, a coincidence of hexadecimal digits which just happens to hold some incidental semantic content to weird humans.

Messages In This Thread
Friends don't let Friends kill Friends - by jahcs - 03-07-2005, 08:03 PM
Friends don't let Friends kill Friends - by Guest - 03-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Friends don't let Friends kill Friends - by maniajk - 03-10-2005, 07:35 PM