Druid cat build
Brista,Mar 7 2005, 10:03 PM Wrote:Firstly let me preface this by saying that I am waiting for the postman to bring me my copy (it was due today but didn't come) so please don't mistake me for an expert or anything  :)

Ideally the build will be able to solo mob after mob with great movement and tracking abilities as well as a decent chance of detecting enemy players first in contested zones (due to Tracking and Prowl). Erm that is, if Tracking works on players

Stupid question: this is probably the kind of question that only a power-gamer would ask but still...
Role-players please cover your eyes....
Can cats use bombs?  :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]69990[/snapback][/right]

Tracking works on other players. You can't use items in feral forms. If you need to pull, the only ranged option is Furry Fire.

I can't speak to the PvP aspects of the build, but it should be a decent but not overly powerful PvE build. Maybe a bit weak in soloing due to low armor, but excellent if you duo with a tank. Warlock is spot on in saying that Nature's Swiftness is a superb skill; an instant big heal can save your bacon when you're just not winning the damage trade in a battle, and it's wonderful if you're the primary healer.

I've never had any problems stealthing without the improved talents. PvP may make that a more profitable option for you.

I think it's important not to neglect Restoration talents, since you'll be faced with the choice of being the primary healer on occasion or skipping some group opportunities.

On the talent choice front, I'd skip Intensity completely, and put those 5 points in something useful like Nature's Focus or Furor. If you're using feral forms as your main plan of attack, you should be in cat form with full energy at the start of a fight. If you switch out to heal, you'll have to start from scratch in energy, but energy regenerates so quickly I don't see diverting 5 precious Restoration points to get a special strike in sooner as having much value.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Messages In This Thread
Druid cat build - by Brista - 03-08-2005, 03:03 AM
Druid cat build - by ima_nerd - 03-08-2005, 03:19 AM
Druid cat build - by Arnath - 03-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Druid cat build - by Treesh - 03-08-2005, 03:33 AM
Druid cat build - by Kevin - 03-08-2005, 03:34 AM
Druid cat build - by Artega - 03-08-2005, 03:35 AM
Druid cat build - by Warlock - 03-08-2005, 06:59 AM
Druid cat build - by Warlock - 03-08-2005, 07:16 AM