Rumor mill about Thotbot, Cosmos and IGE
Ruvanal,Feb 16 2005, 10:02 AM Wrote:This is being blown out of proportion by these sites.  As it is allakhazam.com does have a reason to smear against thottbot; the alladhazam site has advertising on all its pages for the comercial site ebgames.com.  Thottbots site has to me never had any noticeable links to a comerical site on all its pages like this.  I would not be surprised if I checked on some of those other sites that are raising a ruckus if they too did not have some sort of strong link to one or more comercial sites that are helping to sponser them.

As to the point of the data collected being used to aid some professional items formers; you too can use the site to gain the same type of information for your own personal use even if you do not have any of the thottbot tools for collecting the data set up on your game.  It is basically like an open library of information for all on the net to persue and use as they see fit.  I do not see any real boost that it can give to a 'professional farmer' that could not also be obtained by any other player that wants to persue using it in the same way.
[right][snapback]68171[/snapback][/right]

If by "other sites", you mean Corpnews and Grimwell, nah. Pop's too much of a jerk (and I'm deliberately holding back on more colorful, and more accurate, language here), and Grimmy's too jaded to care one way or the other. Each reflect some facet of the legacy of Lum the Mad. If news about Allakhazam also linking (or other relations to) cash for item sites, I'm sure they'll be all over this too.

I turned off the thottbot collection option as soon as it was available; I always do everything to up performance of my compy, even when it isn't really necessary. Hopefully, they aren't making money (illegally?) off my effort

Messages In This Thread
Rumor mill about Thotbot, Cosmos and IGE - by Tal - 02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
Rumor mill about Thotbot, Cosmos and IGE - by Tal - 02-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Rumor mill about Thotbot, Cosmos and IGE - by dwa - 03-08-2005, 01:32 AM