what being game.exe-less is really about. really.
Justanothern00b,Mar 4 2005, 11:38 AM Wrote:Hi everyone,

you'll never believe the stupidest thing I recently did:

While applying a mod/patch whatever I didn't backup my game.exe file. :blush:
I know. It's really, really dumb.  :ph34r:
And know I find myself rather game.exe-less.
So, my question to you guys is: could anyone PLEASE be so kind to upload a copy of their working version 1.10 game.exe file to a place I can download it from, or inform me about a place where I can find this file? It'd be marvellous. The game isn't really running without it.

Cheers,

justanotherpersonwithoutispirationforaproperforumname

edit: UPDATE:

Hmm, I already found a hacked version of game.exe on the internet, so at least I can play again. And I probably don't need the CD anymore or something.
However, if someone can still supply me with an un-hacked version I'd really appreciate it, since I don't NEED the hack (I own the CD's) and I'd feel a little more comfortable with a 'normal' version of the game. For some unapparent reason.
Anyway, that's it for today, I'm off to my addiction.

Hallelujah.

ps. The Classic Mod RULES!  :w00t: (for people with crappy internet like me)
[right][snapback]69755[/snapback][/right]

Assuming you own a valid CD-Key set, you can search common P2P clients for an .ISO image of LoD and mount it with Alchole 120%, Nero Ultra, or any other ISO mounting devices. The legality of downloading the usable .exe off the net is still questionable even if you own a legit copy.

You can alternativly use the 3rd party program d2loader to play Diablo dirrectly off of your hard-drive without the CD needing to be in the drive, but you will need to copy some files off the CD-ROM before the program can work so I don't think this will help you right now.

Next time back up your files :D .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
what being game.exe-less is really about. really. - by Taem - 03-05-2005, 12:44 PM