Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed
>Well yes, CM does work a bit weird. However there's the exactly same issue with Conviction and Lower Resist.

Actually, because these two skills work to reduce the resistance by a given percentage, they are very different from pierce. Essentially, from what I wrote above, they would act the same as difficulty penalties, i.e. a -70% resist all from either is like a -70% penalty. In hell mode, the total penalty would be -170%. Using <final resistance> = <total resistance> - <penalty>, it is expected that one could still have maximum resistances even with the curse/aura.

>Also, it seems currently available absorb (2 Ravens + Blackoak) is balanced for Hell difficulty with current scheme. If your proposed scheme was used, sorc won't be able to damage such opponent anywhere, unless there was some hard absorb cap (i.e. max 25% absorbed, incl. +absorb).

First of all, good like finding that equipment. Also, this build has to do with absorb, not resistances. Although they are related, that is not the point. The point is that I think resists alone could be much more balanced. In order for that build to be "balanced", you need a godly amount of cold absorb, which is a very special effect. Anyways, a character using this is focusing quite a bit on one element. After all, there is a reason the sorceress has three skill trees...

Addendum: I noticed you mentioned Hell difficulty. Let's look at a duel in normal mode with what you suggest (personally I would only duel in normal to avoide exp loss). As you can see from the graph, the pierced resistance can easily increase to levels of 30-40% resistance with resist all around 200%. If you factor in the absorb from that setup, then the sorceress couldn't damage the target either. The way I suggest it be done could potentially lower a character's resistance to 14% max, in any difficulty. Of course, cold absorb is another effect entirely, and a character with cold absorb that high will be very effective against cold no matter what their resistances.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!

Messages In This Thread
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tommi - 03-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Dani - 04-04-2003, 05:38 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Dani - 04-05-2003, 10:02 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Dani - 04-06-2003, 03:55 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-11-2003, 07:33 PM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-12-2003, 12:51 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-12-2003, 08:28 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by the Langolier - 04-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-12-2003, 05:33 PM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-13-2003, 08:58 PM
Frozen Orb Damage.....specifics needed - by Tharn - 04-14-2003, 09:23 AM