How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
The Basilisk fight in Zul'Farrak is a bit tricky because on first glance, many players get the impression that the boss will continually summon minions unless he is quickly dispatched. The basilisks also annoy the AoE usual suspects with their high resistances. Their numbers are limited, however.

A reasonably leveled/geared tank can tank that pull starting in Zerker stance, using demo/ whirlwind / cleave to get a lead on healing aggro on as many basilisks as possible along with keeping sunders up on the named. If the rest of the group focuses fire on the basilisks first (with priority to any that break towards the healer) , the fight becomes quite managable. Similar tactics work on the Divino-part if the AoE players don't have the mana/endurance for the whole battle on the stairs.

I certainly don't want multiple healers overhealing or wasting mana, but I would rather have multiple seperate players use multiple small heals than one player use one large heal when it's an option - makes losing aggro to healing much less likey - see mongo's Neriad tales for the "how I learned to love healer rotations" account. ;)

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Olon97 - 02-22-2005, 08:56 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM