How to Win Friends and Influence Priests
Artega,Feb 22 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:Unfortunately, damage is the way to hold aggro right now.  Defensive Stance sacrifices damage output, and that means you're MUCH more reliant on skills to contain aggro, rather than sheer damage output.
[right][snapback]68716[/snapback][/right]

I, on behalf of other warriors who use defensive stance, call Bullcrap. It isn't the way to hold aggro right now. Yes, I have to use my skills wisely, yes I have to manage my rage properly.

Artega,Feb 22 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:Obviously, this is fine if your party wants to wait thirty seconds or so for you to get a Sunder or two on every mob in the pull, but that just takes too long.

Oh give me a break. You don't have to land a sunder on every mob to get its attention. Demoralizing shout to grab the attention and then a sunder on each throughout the battle seems to do okay. Unless you have a bunch of DPS monkeys spamming AoE spells you won't need to worry overly about holding aggro on adds.

Artega,Feb 22 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:My party frequently has two mages.  A pull works like this: I use Charge, and use the rage generated for a quick Whirlwind, then a Dem-snare combo.  The mages charge in and spam IAE and/or Blizzard interspersed with Frost Novas and Blinks.  The mobs die, the Priest has about 80% MP left, the Mages have about 35% MP left.  I start a new pull, and the Shaman and I proceed to kill the mobs while the mages drink.  The mages get up after they're done drinking, nuke whatever's left, and rinse and repeat.[right][snapback]68716[/snapback][/right]

:blink: Never mind then.

Artega,Feb 22 2005, 03:08 PM Wrote:I honestly think that using a heater and beater isn't productive.  Some swear by it, but it is MUCH easier to hold aggro with a standard 2H setup.  The way my group clears the instances might not be the "correct" way, but it's DAMN sure faster than the "correct" way.

Thats good for you and your group. The neat thing about WoW is that there are so many ways for folks to play their characters. This is why I tend to get argumentative when somebody tells me that their is only one way of doing things. :)

YMMV

Messages In This Thread
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:42 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 04:47 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:02 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-22-2005, 07:35 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence Priests - by Tal - 02-23-2005, 04:07 AM