Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis
Man, I can only understand rough 3/4 of what is said... I need higher level math courses ASAP.

As near as I can tell from what is said, the man is right for physical damage. The diminishing returns on AC are countered by the increasing returns in the percentile reduction.

The arguement stamina is much more useful against spell damage is true, but all this makes me consider is:

1) Acquiring gear with both AC and Stamina.

2) Acquiring a set of Stamina/Resist gear for caster heavy areas, and AC/Stamina gear for normal life (this will be done via richness and enchanter friends). If anyone has read the long post on Blizzard's warrior philosophy, then they know that spells assume negilgable resistance on most everyone.

Personally, it's also worth noting the damage reduction that comes from a shield that comes with the extra boost in AC, and usually some Stamina. But I guess shield was assume in use anyway.

Oh, and I wish that man was posting here. His insight, even if not perfect, is wasted on those forums.
Men fear death, as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children, is increased with tales, so is the other.

"Of Death" Sir Francis Bacon

Messages In This Thread
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by Guest - 02-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by Guest - 02-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by Thawwing Light - 02-06-2005, 08:44 PM