I am playing Morrowind for the first time
Most outdoor-creatures on the western part of the island (rats, worms, annoying flying beasts, green dogs) are easily dispatched. However, I'd stay away from caves that contain 6th House-guys. They can be trouble. I'm unaware of any table that shows the level of animals and fiends in a certain area.

I think you need to reach lvl 15 before you see golden saints and winged twilights out and about; and I think they only roam the east side of the island. Also, stay on the outside of the Ghostfence. Go to Balmora, join some guilds, do a couple of quests. Don't travel by foot until you're sure you can handle yourself. Use the boats, silt striders, mage guild-teleporters, mark/recall/almsini/divine intervention spells for all they're worth.

Also, if you have Tribunal installed, save before you sleep in the wild :)

edit: Final piece of advice: the expansion packs were made because people felt the original game wasn't challenging enough. I advise you to stay away from the expansion packs until you've finished the original Morrowind; which should be sometime mid-june :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw

Messages In This Thread
I am playing Morrowind for the first time - by [wcip]Angel - 02-06-2005, 02:13 AM