Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis
Ghostiger,Feb 4 2005, 02:04 PM Wrote:Not as useful as he thinks. Since we dont know the exact formula of how AC applies to mitigation is all just speculation as to actual effect.
[right][snapback]67193[/snapback][/right]
I would agree, but with one addemdum. He makes many assumptions as to how equations are exactly determined. This would be fine if he was trying to just get ballpark or rough numbers as to what would generally benefit him more. Instead, however, he works out things in very precise detail, going for numeric relationships and "end-all, be-all" data. Approximations can only hold up to a certain extent for calculating things like this, and are much better suited for estimations and general discussion of trends.

That said, the way that he went about modelling things was worth the read and gives some insight as to some general trends.. just ignore the numbers he throws around in later posts. If you're looking to figure out a better model than what he gives, the base assumptions and the way things are put together is worth the read, too. :)

More than anything, I think his writing makes me think that it might be a good idea for someone to write up (or link to) a basic guide on mathematical modeling to give people some basic ideas to start with if they wanted to work toward figuring out how WoW works.
-TheDragoon

Messages In This Thread
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by Guest - 02-04-2005, 09:04 PM
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by TheDragoon - 02-04-2005, 11:05 PM
Mathematical Damage Mitigation Analysis - by Guest - 02-05-2005, 07:47 AM