Massive Warrior Infodump
Ruvanal,Feb 1 2005, 10:18 PM Wrote:I think you need to go back and reread that second link by Kalgon.  The server engine is still calculating and treating these events internally as block/dodge/parry events.  It is message sent for the user that only shows as some default "non-hit" message (for melee this is usually 'miss' and in the case of spells/wands it is usually 'resist').
[right][snapback]66935[/snapback][/right]

So, you are suggesting that they would implement it such that the server side would keep track of whether it was a parry or a miss, and you would get rage for a parry and not for a miss?

But in that case, the client would see a "miss" in both cases. One time getting rage and one time not. That would bring quite the inconsistent gaming experience, and I doubt Blizzard would do that. It would confuse the player on the other side of the monitor.

As for gaining rage currently on character dodge/block/parry? You think I didn't test it out? You quite simply do NOT generate rage when your character blocks/parries/dodges. Go find a grey mob and stand there while he attacks you. I did. I got about 1/2 to 1 rage per hit. Then I got a string that went:
Wolf hits you for X
You parry
You dodge
wolf misses
You parry
wolf misses
wolf hits you for X

And I gained ZERO rage in that string.

I find it hard to believe you are actually touting a single random post in the Official forums like it is the paramount of credibility.

I simply do not see a way that Blizzard could implement opponent block/dodge/parry events generating rage without imbalancing the game or creating a glaring inconsistency. I think all evidence points to the fact that it will be character events triggering rage generation, despite the wishful thinking of the her in the official forums.

I was mostly asking Kalgan because I think they will have quite an uproar when they implement it and it's not the way the herd thought it would be. The official forums will be full of mad people and people who are calling Blizzard liars because they were too shortsighted to even think that they would be talking about character generated events.

I see ZERO good reasons why they would implment rage generation on opponent block/dodge/parry events (aside from trying to satisfy the forum whiners, but Kalgan's jabs at some of the statements made lead me to belive that is not their primary goal) and at least three good ones why they would implement it on character events.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Massive Warrior Infodump - by stabby - 01-30-2005, 06:29 PM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Ruvanal - 01-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Skandranon - 01-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by stabby - 01-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Concillian - 01-31-2005, 09:45 PM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Ruvanal - 02-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Skandranon - 02-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Occhidiangela - 02-01-2005, 02:10 AM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Guest - 02-01-2005, 02:12 PM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Raziel - 02-01-2005, 03:39 PM
Massive Warrior Infodump - by Concillian - 02-01-2005, 11:45 PM