J _ R K - Pat, I'd like to buy an "E"
kandrathe,Feb 1 2005, 04:33 PM Wrote:Pat Sajak says...

This is really about the Iraqi election.  What I think is most marvelous is how the Iraqi people are embracing self determination.  Kerry, Kennedy, and the rest of the world be damned. 

In the end it does not matter what is in the funny papers in the US, Europe, or the rest of the world.  All that matters now is that the Iraqi's get what they deserve, a chance to have prosperous lives free from tyranny.  How ever you feel about the causes of the war, you must see now that given some time, this fledgling new state will grow legs and walk on its own.  I hope it goes just as Allawi predicted, that within 18 months they will have the mechanisms in place to start demobilizing the troops.  Let's not allow these sour grapes to cut the legs out from under Iraq.
[right][snapback]66871[/snapback][/right]

Nobody in the world (pro or anti Iraq-war) would say that democracy or free elections are bad.
What Kerry says (don't overhype these elections) is of course 100 % true. What we see is that Bush uses these free elections to prove his right (I don't blame him, but very fair it isn't).
If I had the biggest army in the world, and I didn't care that people (among who my own soldiers) would die, and I would even personally gain by invading countries, maybe I would also do it then......but that doesn't make it right.

We can now not just because the results is "free elections in Iraq" start forgetting about Bush' lies and mistakes.
We all know that the new government is pro-USA, we all know that the new government will not contain any sunites (or what they are called in english). I guess there will be a big chance that Irak will turn in to a more modern state, without muslim extremism and with educated people.......mainly because it was also like that before the war...... however one thing is for sure....if this pro-USA leaders will start torturing en killing their own civilians, don't count on George Bush.

Messages In This Thread
J _ R K - Pat, I'd like to buy an "E" - by eppie - 02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
J _ R K - Pat, I'd like to buy an "E" - by Guest - 02-01-2005, 05:00 PM
J _ R K - Pat, I'd like to buy an "E" - by jahcs - 02-01-2005, 05:19 PM