Intresting Warrior Fury Build
Raziel,Jan 14 2005, 09:15 AM Wrote:I had an idea for a 31/20 prot/fury build.. concussive blow, shield discipline and 1h spec from the prot tree combined with enrage from the fury tree..

Is a steady +50% damage state achievable this way?  Note: no Arms! :(
[right][snapback]65361[/snapback][/right]

To get concussive blow means you have 21 points in protection, because it takes 20 other points in the tree to unlock it and the skill itself would be 21. That only leaves you 30 for any other tree. Blizzard did a pretty good job of where they put some of the talents to prevent people doing certain things with them.

Artega,Jan 15 2005, 05:58 AM Wrote:The utter lack of Tactical Mastery will undermine any effectiveness you'll have. You NEED at least three points (and preferably five) to be useful in PvP or PvE at all as a Warrior.
[right][snapback]65472[/snapback][/right]

You can make it into the 30's without it fairly well (I put my first 21 points into protection to get concussive blow as early as possible and to test somethings) but I have had some thoughts of respec run through my head so that I can get it now and then work back to concussive blow. :) However I can be very effective just sitting in defensive stance the whole right.

Also if you don't have it it just means you have to time your switches a bit better and/or figure out other skills to use in other stances to do the same thing. I wouldn't say you NEED the points because various skills and other talents on the trees will help you overcome it, but I do agree that you aren't as flexible as possible. Flexible is not the same thing as effective though. However the game is such that any character can still function and be effective without spending any talent points from everything I have read from high level characters. There is no need to do anything with talents, they help shape, define and differentiate, but you can survive and contribute without any of them. I just get a bit worked up about such strong statements in a game where there is no "one build to rule them all!". I'm not even looking at it from a variant "I know this will be a lot harder but I'm going for it anyway" standpoint. I've played with warriors in their 30's who haven't placed a single talent point yet and they can still hold aggro and do what they need to do. Sure I can do it better and with less work, but it was just some first hand experience into what I had read from others who have more experience with the game than I do.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.

Messages In This Thread
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by bschultz - 01-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Artega - 01-11-2005, 06:29 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Taeme - 01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Raziel - 01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by bschultz - 01-12-2005, 06:34 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Raziel - 01-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Artega - 01-12-2005, 07:49 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Raziel - 01-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Artega - 01-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Kevin - 01-15-2005, 06:30 PM
Intresting Warrior Fury Build - by Olon97 - 01-16-2005, 02:28 AM