User Interface tips
What I've been looking for is a way to increase the number of skills I can have onscreen, or at least hotkeyed, over the 12 given. This interface is horrible! Playing a rogue is extremely difficult - I have 21 different actions I rely on during play (use at least several times an hour), and it's getting ridiculous. Shift-number is too close to the start key (which exits me out to the desktop during battle, heh), and mouse wheel rolling isn't precise enough to always get me the bar I want ASAP. When I'm fighting a +2 level elite, I get a little annoyed when I try to smelt instead of using a riposte.
:blink:

I've tried bottombar and popbar, which are user-designed interface corrections; unfortunately they're a bit buggy, and they tend to break whenever the game is patched. So what I'm looking for now instead is a halfway solution - a way to hotkey the 6 (?) task bars to a SINGLE keypress. Function keys would be ideal but other solutions are possible.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I'm really hoping I'm overlooking something obvious, because if I have to code, I'm quite certain the fix will break with the next patch.

How can such a great game have such a horrible interface? When you have to develop a player community to put in all of the stuff that you should have put in yourself, something's wrong.
:angry:

Messages In This Thread
User Interface tips - by Treesh - 01-04-2005, 03:34 PM
User Interface tips - by Ynir - 01-04-2005, 04:57 PM
User Interface tips - by Tal - 01-04-2005, 04:58 PM
User Interface tips - by Treesh - 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
User Interface tips - by Roane - 01-04-2005, 06:47 PM
User Interface tips - by Cryptic - 01-04-2005, 06:56 PM
User Interface tips - by Roane - 01-04-2005, 07:19 PM
User Interface tips - by Treesh - 01-04-2005, 07:22 PM
User Interface tips - by Cryptic - 01-04-2005, 08:12 PM