Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age
Tal,Dec 21 2004, 08:56 AM Wrote:Loch Modan. Start on the rock wall north of Thesalmar and follow it around to the right (east). Once you get to the Dam you can then follow the lake shore around to Grizzly ridge. Follow that to the hunter's lodge should net you similar results as the OP.
[right][snapback]63269[/snapback][/right]

This seems to be pretty good for copper, though on my server at least there are a few others who also do this.

Got me out of copper and into bronze WELL before lvl 20. You have to mine a lot of copper to get in the 110-120 range though... Then you still need copper for bronze (albeit not as much).

I was trying to mine in the human areas some, and that just didn't work at all for me. People lvl 40 in the mines in Westfall camping the veins and I wasn't really keen on the idea of camping veins in the mines in Elwynn Forest when in the high teens, denying the lowbies of their opportunities.

Often, I'll log my smith out in the Farstrider lodge, and play another character. Then log in for 10 minutes every once in a while to look around the area for tin and copper veins (I've seen a couple silver veins over there too, but they are rare). The only thing that sucks is you'll often catch Tetanus from the buzzards just getting out of the area, and that's a 20 minute de-buff, minor, but still.

Right now my smithing is ahead of my mining by quite a few points. I can make stuff from bronze and get smithin skillups, but rarely get a mining skillup from mining tin, and never from copper. My level is still low enough that I'm not seeing silver much at all, unless I happen into the Gold Coast Quarry and there aren't any lvl 30+ in there, which was rare the last few times I've tried.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Messages In This Thread
Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age - by Concillian - 01-03-2005, 11:09 PM