Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age
Almost all the newbie zones, from what I've seen, are rather friendly when it comes to copper. I know Durotar is just absurd for having five veins on the minimap at once.

Blacksmithing can be raised via gold dumps into the AH for bars. I find people don't sell much in the way of ore, since it sells in smaller chunks. It's almost worth noting that there's no penalty for having higher level mining, whereas with low level, you'll see early mithril and truesilver veins you can't crack. And that just sucks. Having more ore available over time leads to higher blacksmithing.

My serious problem was being stuck in the "Bronze Age". Tin, and then Iron, seem to be quite difficult to mine before getting mounted. Now that I have the horse, and the corresponding levels, I was able to peel off a good 60 or so (I believe) skillups in two nights just by doing a loop and a weave through Desolace from Shadowprey then going into Stonetalon. I wish I'd known about the blood ore going all the way up to 200ish skill though, dang :/ I'll remember that for later.
My other mount is a Spiderdrake

Messages In This Thread
Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age - by Taeme - 01-03-2005, 11:47 AM