Battlegrounds Preview
Rinnhart,Dec 31 2004, 10:24 AM Wrote:The constant raids by 50+ undead don't do much to encourage interracial cooperation, of course.

Raids by 50+ undead? Please, those are just response attacks to the usual alliance gankfests in Hillsbrad. Alliance is responsible for 80% of the ganking in Hillsbrad, and any similar Horde response is an attempt to retrieve an important Horde questing area for lowbie Horde players. There are very few Alliance quests in Hillsbrad itself, since most of the quests in Southshore are directed at Alterac. If an Alliance player is hanging out in Hillsbrad proper, they're only doing one thing: ganking. All Alliance who are not actively going to Alterac or returning to Southshore deserve to die. Period.

After playing Horde for over a month after playing Alliance on a PvP server for six months, I can understand now all the complaints that Horde players made in the beta. Alliance players just have it too easy. They have three "contested" zones all to themselves -- Redridge, Duskwood, and the Wetlands. It's easy to get to level 30 without ever venturing into a zone with questing players of the opposing faction. The only zone that Horde gets like that is the northern half of 1k Needles and even there there's enough alliance traffic as players make their way to the racetrack in the shimmering flats.

I used to sympathize with Bolty's plight of dealing with the level 60 mage who ran around the lake in Redridge, ganking all the lowbies. But the more I've played Horde, the more I've begun sympathizing with the mage. Simply put, Alliance players do not die enough. They always outnumber the Horde, and they have all these vast stretches of areas all to themselves. When a high level Horde player kills a low level Alliance player, it's not ganking. It's equalization.

(The previous paragraph was done tongue-in-cheek. Alright, only partly tongue-in-cheek).

Messages In This Thread
Battlegrounds Preview - by MongoJerry - 12-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by LochnarITB - 12-27-2004, 10:08 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Kevin - 12-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Artega - 12-28-2004, 04:07 AM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Bob the Beholder - 12-28-2004, 04:58 AM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Raven Vale - 12-28-2004, 09:38 AM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Artega - 12-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Rinnhart - 12-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by MongoJerry - 12-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Battlegrounds Preview - by Artega - 12-31-2004, 10:54 PM