Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age
My warrior's blacksmithing was lagging due to the low quantity of deposits I was turning up. He was in his late teens and still making copper crap of the nothingness. Then I remembered that when I had done a certain cave quest in Mulgore (I am tauren) there was a higher level tauren there farming the copper deposits. So I say to myself "Okay if it was good enough for him...", and indeed it was good enough for me as well. But wait! Instead of heading back to Thunderbluff with my 13ish pieces of copper ore, I left the mine and started mining nearby deposits. I continued on counter-clockwise all the way around mulgore which takes very little time due to there being no real threat from anything that might attack you (I'm pretty sure there is nothing in Mulgore greater than level 13). When I was done I had over 85 copper ore to play with. It took almost 5 minutes just to smelt it all! If your horde miner/blacksmith is uselessly lagging in the copper age like mine was, this is a very good way to get yourself out.

I know there are other places with high concentrations of copper ore, but I haven't found it as efficient to harvest as exiting the west side of TB, circling the valley, and re-entering at the north east entrance. The deposits get few as you near Narache so it might be faster to skip that lower edge and pick it up close to where Mulgore exits to the Barrens. On a side note, this is also a good way to train up new weapons and first aid or tailoring (lots of linen). While I did this, I switched to being a full fledged axe user as well. B)

Messages In This Thread
Geting your miner/blacksmith out of the copper age - by Sir_Die_alot - 12-21-2004, 03:10 PM