European ENGLISH WOW Collectors Edition
nobbie,Dec 11 2004, 03:04 AM Wrote:So, you are working as translator in Paris? You don't happen to work as German translator for the European WOW team in Velizy/Paris, do you? :)
[right][snapback]62543[/snapback][/right]

well, so much for my English ubarness. didn't have/would not have had to, apparently not the same. I do not work as a translator in Paris.
Quote:  ...if I didn't have to work in Paris...

T'was late and the post was long and...and I'm running out of excuses :). I would have taken the job if I had been able to work from here (Graz) and if (and that's a biggun') they would've taken someone without a degree in translation. Seems like I quit without one, don't know how that happened ;).
ATM I'm trying to get into this thing Last year I was about number 35 of around 100 on their final candidates list and they take up to number 28 (last three on waiting list). D'oh! I hope I get in this year.

I read "Deutsche Heldensagen" at least three times, I like epic fantasy stories, but the language used in them isn't the same German as is used in the localization of computer games. "Brünne" "weidlicher Degen" and even "holde Maid" are rarely found nowadays, though they would spice up something like WoW a great deal IMHO :) . Hmm, maybe I should petition for a second "German" localization...

Quest:
"Des Hauptes Raub"
Und so fahret nun hinne, stattlicher Gesell, dem üblen Orkenschurken mit starkem Schwertstreich Schild und Halsberg samt und sonders zu durchbohren, auf dass des ruchlosen Wüterichs Haupt dem edlen Volke von Sturmwind auf langer Ger gespießt zur täglichen Ergötzung vorgeführt werden möge!

YAY!
B)

further off topic:
Were you brave enough to watch "Die Nibelungen" on TV, about a week ago IIRC? Double-Argh. If you missed it, rejoice!

Greetings

Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.

Messages In This Thread
European ENGLISH WOW Collectors Edition - by NuurAbSaal - 12-12-2004, 06:12 PM