Deathknell
Ruvanal,Nov 24 2004, 01:29 PM Wrote:In similar vien I can report a situation similar to yours from the human starting area.  There is a quest to get the head of one of the defias in the area (Garrick Padfoot).  When I came up to the area to do the quest there were about 8 players all standing packed close together with a pile of corpses at their feet.  I arrived just in time to see Garrick spawn and everyone try to get him.  My thought was "hmmm... lets see how many pick up the head and leave.  Bet its only one."  I was right unfortunatly.  I then just started doing unsolicted invites to players there to see who was wise enough to take the hint on how to get the quest over with quick.  That got the quest done somewhat faster for the five of us in that group (except the item lag spike that choked us some).  But while waiting for the respawn, I was able to take a closer look at the corpses on the ground (the lag spike while looting helped in this reguard).  All the corpses on the ground there were of Garrick and there were at least 5 of them there.  For those more familiar with the respawn rates in the early to mid beta, any corpse of a killed mob would end up decaying prior to the mobs respawn.  But in this case, Garrick was respawning a greatly excellerated rate due to the very high player count in that area from all the players trying to get started on the first day (looked like on the order of 20 to 30 seconds at the time I was there).  That explained to me why I was having so much trouble moving through some of area around him with all the bandits that kept spawning next to me.  One area near the bridge has so many respawn points close together that 2 players could stand there and just fight continuosly due the steady rate of respawns on top of the players.

I am less sure of this point, but it also looks like the respawn rate of the mineral and herb nodes is also being dynamically modified by the player counts in the areas.  This was from the observation of the mining nodes in a couple of the areas during the last couple of weeks of the beta (with very low player counts in those regions) compared to prior to the stress test.

Feel free to split this out if you feel it deserves its own thread.
[right][snapback]61128[/snapback][/right]

When Tribade made it to Garrick's shack, Garrick's corpse was on the ground amidst a pile of skeletons. Several heroes were standing around expectantly. Tribade called out: "Anyone want to party for doing Garrick?" After a few seconds of silence Garrick spawned on top of her. She slew Garrick and returned to the abbey with his head, leaving the heroes still standing there.

Not only are mineral nodes respawning more frequently than in the beta, the amount in any given node is larger. Tribade took seven piles of ore from just one copper node.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Deathknell - by Ruvanal - 11-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Deathknell - by Tal - 11-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Deathknell - by Treesh - 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Deathknell - by LavCat - 11-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Deathknell - by LavCat - 11-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Deathknell - by Artega - 11-25-2004, 08:01 AM