Deathknell
[Image: start20.jpg]

The final quest series in Deathknell involves the Scarlet Crusade, a group of zealots who hunt undead -- Scourge, Forsaken, or otherwise. The first part is to go to the nearby Scarlet Crusade camp and slay enough of the Scarlet Converts and Scarlet Initiates to collect 12 Scarlet Armbands. So, it's your standard "Kill X mobs to collect Y things" quest.

[Image: start21.jpg]

For the next part of the quest series, Executor Arren, one of the officers in Deathknell, tells you that he's had reports that a messenger, named Meven Korgal, has arrived at the Scarlet Crusade camp. He orders you to kill Korgal and bring any documents found back to him. In Beta 2, this was the worst bottleneck of the entire area. One of the nice things about the server crashing, however, was that people were still just trickling back in at this point, so the Scarlet Crusade camp wasn't as camped as it usually is. I took Korgal down and returned the Scarlet Crusade Documents to Arren. (I noticed that Korgal also respawned much faster this time than he did in beta 2).

[Image: start22.jpg]

I'm one of those weird people who actually reads the letters they deliver to NPC's. In this case, the documents detail the distribution of Scarlet Crusade troops and which officers lead the different detachments. When you return the documents to Executor Arren, he tells you to immediately take them to his superior, Executor Zygand, in Brill. Translation: Get out of here. You're too big for this place!

[Image: start23.jpg]

Before heading off for Brill, I took one last look around Deathknell to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and it's a good thing I did. Dark Cleric Duesten had one more quest to give -- to seek out Dark Cleric Beryl in Brill. I did a double take and double checked my quest log. Sure enough, this was officially the first priest-only quest I had ever seen! Woohoo! Six months after they were promised, here was a priest-only quest at last!

[Image: start24.jpg]

With orders to deliver the Scarlet Crusade documents to Executor Zygand and to seek out Dark Cleric Beryl, Neriad bade farewell to Deathknell and left for the town of Brill. It was clear that no one in Deathknell was prepared to explain what had happened to her or to tell her how to undo it. Perhaps she could find someone in Brill who might give her some clues.

It felt strange to have helped this motley band of undead, but the Scourge and the Scarlet Crusade were the enemies of all. Neriad hadn't been asked to do anything she wouldn't have done anyway, so she could at least take comfort in that.

"As long as they don't ask me to do anything truly vile," she thought, "I can play along and see what I can discover."

[Image: start25.jpg]

As she passed through the bulwark leading to Tirisfal Glades proper, Neriad was stopped by a fellow named Calvin Montague who asked her to deliver a letter to the innkeeper in Brill. He said that he'd pay Neriad well once the letter was delivered.

"Sure," thought Neriad as she accepted the letter for delivery. "I could use the cash. What could be the harm in that?"

UP NEXT: Brill

Messages In This Thread
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 02:53 PM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 03:12 PM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-24-2004, 03:20 PM
Deathknell - by Ruvanal - 11-24-2004, 05:29 PM
Deathknell - by Tal - 11-24-2004, 06:31 PM
Deathknell - by Treesh - 11-24-2004, 07:18 PM
Deathknell - by LavCat - 11-25-2004, 02:53 AM
Deathknell - by LavCat - 11-25-2004, 03:09 AM
Deathknell - by MongoJerry - 11-25-2004, 04:17 AM
Deathknell - by Artega - 11-25-2004, 08:01 AM