Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play?
Rinnhart,Nov 21 2004, 04:21 AM Wrote:In the long run, you can't view your efforts on a game like this as an investment. The game itself isn't going to be around forever. Look at it as an alternative form of entertainment. Instead of spending $100 on drinks at a bar one Friday night, you're spending $15 to bash a dragon or two a couple days a week. It's a couple of movies cost for many more hours of amusement.
[right][snapback]60653[/snapback][/right]
I guess the gist of my question was, for those of you with experience with subscription gaming, do members of these communities view their investment in their characters as having a monetary component? I very much agree with your assessment of the way to view the subscription fee. In fact, that is how I justified my now taking the plunge. I know that I am suffering a terrible jones for some WoW as a result of my all too brief experience in the stress and open beta test. I am sure my $15 will equate to mere pennies per hour. However, we all know that the online community as a whole is not always so logical. If a character is built up over many hours and then nerfed to the point that it no longer serves the play style of that person, they then have to invest more hours, for which they are paying, to build another to suit their needs. Maybe the fact that it is not pay-per-play softens the blow. I can see this as being even more of a problem for many if they were paying by the hour. There would then be a very definable cost for each character.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play? - by Guest - 11-21-2004, 04:29 AM
Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play? - by LochnarITB - 11-21-2004, 11:02 PM