The cause of Arafat's death revealed.
:P
Rinnhart,Nov 21 2004, 03:38 PM Wrote:That seems a bit... retarded.
Such an influential piece of information should be a part of public record.
[right][snapback]60685[/snapback][/right]

Ashock: :D You familiar with the Lance Armstrong jokes running around?

Rinnhart: As I read the journal articles, according to French law, the records are only to be released to family members. What Mrs Arafat chooses to do with the information is entirely up to her. This being the information age, she is probably looking at the angle that yields her the most dough. (EDIT for bad spelling and sentence structure.)

Given the current state of play in Israel, I'd venture to say his demise and its causes has already passed into the realm of dirty politics. No chance for any dignity here.

Ashkael: FWIW, I had heard it was Liver cancer, not cirrhosis. Thanks for the link. (Thanks also for your link, Treesh.)

See Some liver Diseases by Columbia Univ

As I am a betting man, I'd bet against cirrhosis. While it is not exclusively a disease of alcoholics, it is common in that population. Given that Arafat was a Muslim, the odds of him having a heavy enough drinking problem for cirrhosis are slim, though not zero. Not all Mormons swear off tea, not all Muslims actually swear off spirits. :P

Any1: Sympathies for "the Palestinian people?" Don't waste your time. May as well have sympathy for people taken in by a carnival barker.

Dupes and saps for the entire Arab world since about . . . 1948. Sucks to have losers disease, and sucks even harder to have "friends" like the motely collection of Arab princedoms, if you are a "Palestinian" Arab. Won't say it helps to be neighbors with a nation whose daily existence is deemed heresy by a few million Muslims, and who therefore are a bit paranoid in re their existence as a nation state.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete

Messages In This Thread
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Ashock - 11-20-2004, 05:33 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by DeeBye - 11-20-2004, 05:40 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Guest - 11-21-2004, 01:05 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Any1 - 11-21-2004, 02:40 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Ashock - 11-21-2004, 05:09 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Jester - 11-21-2004, 07:15 AM
The cause of Arafat's death revealed. - by Treesh - 11-21-2004, 01:50 PM