Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play?
Bolty,Nov 20 2004, 08:41 PM Wrote:the Warlock was the best soloist for me
[right][snapback]60623[/snapback][/right]
As a soloist by nature, I was very interested in the soloability of the characters. From my very limited exposure to the mage, rogue, hunter and warlock, I would agree on the warlock. Much like the amazon's valkyrie in D2, it is easy to put the critter in harms way while you stand back and dish it out. The warlock's minion felt to me like a souped up, more controllable, valkyrie.

Thecla,Nov 20 2004, 07:02 PM Wrote:if Bliz should start wielding the good old nerf bat post release
[right][snapback]60609[/snapback][/right]
This brings up a question for me. Having never dealt with subscription gaming, how does such a community deal with nerfage? It is a slight difference but, in D2, you are not paying for the software but not the server time. It can be said that your investment is in the software, which is being "fixed", so you are getting a "benefit". In WoW, you are now paying for server time. You are therefore making an monetary investment in each character. If Bliz nerfs your character to the point it is no longer playable (which would be judged by each person as to their own skills), have they now taken something you have "paid" for? I can see myself much more irate in the subscription case.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play? - by LochnarITB - 11-21-2004, 03:26 AM
Most powerful WOW character/class for solo-play? - by Guest - 11-21-2004, 04:29 AM