HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions
AngryMob,Nov 19 2004, 12:24 PM Wrote:I guess no one knows how to build a hc blizz sorc....

sad.
[right][snapback]60534[/snapback][/right]

Patience! As has been said MANY times before, the Lurkers live in areas all over the world, and between real-world jobs, relationships/children, school, etc., they would be lucky to log in and check posts once a week. Besides, the ones who can give you the best answer will eventually log on and give your topic a meaningful reply (not like 99% of the crap you see on most other forums), but you have to have patience and 24-hours is hardly being patient. Remember, it’s called the Lurker Lounge for a reason ;) .

As to your [single] question:

Quote:I have heard maxing the cold skills that up its damage, as well as some or max cold mastery?

I'm not sure what question your asking. Are you talking about synergies when you say "cold skills"? Regarding synergies, when you place skill points into another skills synergy, you will increase that skills attribute(s) in some way. Also, if you increase Cold Mastery, you will lower your enemies cold resist, thus allowing your cold spells to inflict more damage.

If you are going to use this sorceress for rushing others in hardcore, you should seriously consider using the Frozen Orb skill instead of Blizzard for numerous reasons already discussed in this and the Armory forums. To summarize the benefits of Frozen Orb, it will hit everything on the visible screen in the direction its cast in, then it will provide a comfortable chill duration (very useful for slowing monsters in Hell difficulty), it does overall damage on par with blizzard when you compare damage done to all the monsters struck on screen, and it has 2-second casting delay instead of Blizzards 4 second delay (which means you can cast more orbs faster, essentially giving you a bigger buffer zone between you and the enemies).

Quote:Please help me out, stat wise and skill wise, as well as suggested equipment for a strictly Blizz sorc. Thanks a lot.

Before asking to be told what [to and not-to] take for your skills and attributes, you might want to establish your own opinion of what exactly you’re looking for. For the best information dealing with skills, go to this web-site:
Quote:http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~cbradfor/diablo2/skills.html
For the best information about equipment, go to this web-site:
Quote:http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/

Both those sites are linked from this fine web site – simply click the “Diablo II” box on the Lounges front-page, then click on “Community”. The Arreat Summit will also provide you with the properties of a sorceresses “attribute” scores (or “stat” points, as you refer to them). Once you have determined what is the best gear for your sorceress, you’ll have a general idea of the maximum strength and dexterity this gear will require of your sorceress, making her attribute point placement that much simpler for you.

I must admit however, that I am confused by one thing you said:

Quote:Remember this is a hardcore build, so im heavily contemplating max block (dex) or max life (vit).

What do you mean “remember”? Your title does indeed say, “Replying to HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions,” and while I know the acronym for hardcore is ‘HC’, it wouldn’t surprise me if other Lurkers – of which are knowledgeable in Diablo II – were unfamiliar with that terminology. There is a good deal of Lurkers here for which English is not their native language, yet it is this language we have chosen to communicate with on this site. For this reason, I’d like to propose a [suggestion] for you in the future:
When writing a post, please consider structuring your syntax with clarity by, 1.) Using the full spelling of words (instead of shortened, abbreviated versions) and, 2.) Using proper grammar. Thank you for taking the time to read this, as it could benefit everyone involved.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by AngryMob - 11-18-2004, 08:01 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by AngryMob - 11-19-2004, 07:24 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Taem - 11-20-2004, 12:07 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Archon_Wing - 11-21-2004, 10:29 AM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by AngryMob - 11-22-2004, 02:43 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Tal - 11-22-2004, 05:58 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Archon_Wing - 11-22-2004, 07:37 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Tal - 11-22-2004, 08:26 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Archon_Wing - 11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by lfd - 11-22-2004, 10:02 PM
HC Blizz Sorc Suggestions - by Munkay - 11-22-2004, 10:13 PM