Any Mac gamers out there (RANT)
/rant on

And people wonder why I like Blizzard. At least with Blizzard I know if I buy the game, I can play with the PC users of the game, and will get the same patches, same editors, i.e. a level playing field for the money I spend.

On the other side of things, take Civ 3. The Mac version is at this time stuck one patchlevel behind the PC version, and no PTW expansion is planned, last I knew. And, the editor the Mac users waitied a year for is BUGGY!. I won't be buying from that company again, I assure you. There went 35 or 40 wasted dollars. I thought I'd be able to play with the RBD bunch? Hah! Every time I'd get patch parity with them, a few months after their patch, they'd get another! Now they say we won't get any more. What a bunch of crap!

We were also told by a programmer from a porting company that most companies don't patch games after the first year or so. Too expensive. Guess I've been playing Blizz games too long, and didn't know that. And the other game I play a lot, Harpoon 3, is still gettting patched all the time.

/rant

I just had to vent that. Anyone want to commiserate?
Oh, and PC/Mac flames can skip it. I have my opinions, you have yours. Leave it at that. I'm venting on *support* of Mac games versus their PC versions. And don't think that I don't know anything about PCs/Windows/networks. I'm a network admin, supporting 1000+ networked PCs, with the help of one other person. I keep PCs going for a living. I have a Mac at home. Anyway, keep on the subject at hand, and let's hear some ranting.
--Mav

Messages In This Thread
Any Mac gamers out there (RANT) - by Mavfin - 04-06-2003, 03:54 AM
Any Mac gamers out there (RANT) - by Bun-Bun - 04-06-2003, 05:03 AM
Any Mac gamers out there (RANT) - by Mavfin - 04-06-2003, 05:56 AM