Why I probably won't play wow after release
I think I'm prepared to reverse my descision as it stands now. At 45, I've gotten a glimpse of higher level PvE content and had a small taste of PvP. If those end-game options are polished and the content continues to arrive for low-mid game quest lines, etc, I believe that the game will succeed.

I'm OK with the death penalty.

I think that limits on raid group numbers per instance is already implemented and this is good.

Higher level instances are challenging and reward good play.

My fear now is that with the lack of lower level instances to practice in, for the most part people wont group too much and therefore be ignorant of how to function well. For example, they will not know the strengths of other classes, etc. I'm sure we've all had bad group experiences, but for the most part, this hasn't been true in beta, and certainly never true in LL groups.

I'm more optomistic now and hope that the final polish is enough to push the game over the top. I hope that the mothly fee is resonable (12-13$/mo if paid in 6 month chunks) and that they don't rush release... which amazingly it seems like they aren't.
-MB
-< You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever >-

Messages In This Thread
Why I probably won't play wow after release - by Magicbag - 10-27-2004, 03:22 PM