Australian/NZ Release Date
Not to wish to spoil your anticipation, but WoW is just not ready for release. There are too many bugs and broken quests and features that are not yet implemented. Certainly WoW is fun and addicting, and if it came out tomorrow I would probably sign up.

I don't have a problem with the fact that some areas of the game world are not yet implemented. That would be OK for release in my opinion.

Two brief examples of what I do object to: talents are an important feature; I play primarily a paladin; no talents are implemented for the paladin. Sure Blizzard could get paladin talents in the game for a premature release, but they would not be well tested. In the beta I don't mind if they make various changes that affect my character, but I don't want them tweaking in release. Think what would happen if Blizzard rearranged the D2 spell trees.

Secondly, as an example of a bug, last night my character was continually flagged as being in combat, which means she could not eat, drink, ride her horse, use a healing aura, or even log out. The only way I could find to break the combat condition was to leave the zone (region of the game world) and come back. Whereupon she would get stuck again. A Blizzard GM said it was a known problem that they were working on.

I know I said two examples, but I cannot resist a third: the air transport system is malfunctioning. With the latest patch gryphons are plunging from the sky. Night before last my client crashed after a gryphon took sick in flight. When I logged back in I was in deep water with my breath and fatigue bars dangerously low. One can only wonder what happens when you drown on a gryphon in the middle of the sea.

Edit: spelling.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."

Messages In This Thread
Australian/NZ Release Date - by Yuen - 10-19-2004, 05:32 AM
Australian/NZ Release Date - by LavCat - 10-21-2004, 06:58 PM
Australian/NZ Release Date - by Artega - 10-21-2004, 09:55 PM
Australian/NZ Release Date - by Ruvanal - 10-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Australian/NZ Release Date - by LavCat - 10-23-2004, 05:09 AM