Hey parents, what show is your kid hooked on?
But, I bet you apply a filter for the little rogues. For my 2 and 4 year old I have to be careful what I watch when they wander in and jump on my lap, so, yes, I'm looking forward to the day when my sons and I can watch samarai or action films together.

My 4 yr old is enthralled with Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. But, he likes the more age appropriate shows that he and the 2yr old can watch, like Dora, Magic School Bus, Rollie Pollie Ollie, or Blues Clues. He went thru a phase with Thomas, but he really is in love with dinosaurs and dragons. We have used e-bay to build up a library of age appropriate videos, rather than rely on the whims of "whats on". They are both limited to watching 1hr of TV per day, and 1hr of computer time per day. The computer games are developmental and educational, like Reader Rabbit. Developmentally, my kids are at an age where they need to be using their imaginations in creative play, rather than being zombies in front of the boob tube.

I think some books and films are good way to take advantage of media to communicate good values in helping my sons to learn how to be good friends, good men, and good citizens.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Hey parents, what show is your kid hooked on? - by Guest - 09-26-2004, 05:27 AM
Hey parents, what show is your kid hooked on? - by kandrathe - 09-27-2004, 06:44 PM