Can we set all users default view to Outline?
This has been moved over to The Lounge where Bolty requested problems posts
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wouldn't this be a cookie issue? Since other cookies don't seem to be sticking, I think that this is another manifestation of the same problem.

Problems I've noticed so far (besides no longer having our nice, homey, old world skin to greet our visits):

- login doesn't stick, even just going between forums/threads (haven't pinned down when it gets lost - only sometimes sticks within a forum but not between forums)

- view option doesn't stick

- individual post icons in threaded view list don't indicate new vs read posts - don't know if they ever did - I never liked threaded view but if new/read was indicated per post, it would be liveable - the only time I ever used it was when I had to make sense of a post that seemed inconsistent

- reply auto-quotes - it seems that the quote button is a toggle to turn this off or on (hence the +/-) but setting it to -/red still gives an auto-quote (mostly just an extra step to clear it if you don't want a quote but still something that seems borked)

- maybe my old eyes are missing it but there doesn't seem to be a title option for replies (eliminating title replies with an NT body)

- this is a test, this is only a test <_< :( :) :D :P :angry: :blink: :huh: :lol: :o :ph34r: :rolleyes: :unsure: ;) B)

[edit] - oops just found another one - sometimes the outline/standard links get reveresed - sometimes clicking on standard will still show me the outline(threaded) view and clicking standard again does nothing to change it - in this case, ckicking on outline then switches to standard as if the links are toggles rather than selections

BTW, good work so far Bolty, just getting things up and running this soon. If you are still coherent, you are probably thinking "are we having fun yet?" Hey, someone should make a web site with that title! Arewehavingfunyet.com - I like the sound of that. Whoever got hold of that would probably be too lazy to do anything useful with it though.

[edit 2] What is Linear+ supposed to do and how does it differ from standard and/or threaded? It seems to be some kind of hybrid but I am not sure if that is the real function or just some byproduct of the other view problems.

[edit 3] - if a topic has multiple pages, the page numbers listed next to the title, on the forum topic list, don't work - for example, nobbies mod topic has 7 pages shown - clicking on 2 or 3 or 7 all give nobbie's topic starting post - of note is that, even though the posts are all the same, the number in the upper right corner changes (1 shows #1, 2 shows #21, 3 shows #41)
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

Messages In This Thread
Can we set all users default view to Outline? - by LochnarITB - 09-26-2004, 09:55 PM