How I believe GA and pierce should work together
Hail Alnitak,

Aye, I constantly spam these...um...I mean I often post, if I have something to say :D

Now, I know next to nothing of physics as such, but if you have something that is guided to a target, why would it continue past it? Take the Patriot Arrow for example: it split the existing arrows in the target, and stopped in the dead center. OK, perhaps using commedy as an example is not the best way ;) Anywho, that is along the lines of what I am thinking. The arrow is magically directed to reach a specific target (for argument's sake, we'll say the heart of that fallen wearing the uber Cracked Sash). We fire, the arrow does a little dance, and finds the stinker's heart...why should the magic then allow it to come out the back, turn around, and take another shot. Sure, that *is* some pretty powerful magic (ha, and the Sorceresses think THEY as the master of magic! Never seen a Meteor pierce the earth, orbit, and come back for a second shot), but it seems to contradict the whole point of the spell: it is directed to a target, and is supposed to go to there, and nowhere else.

Of cause, back in my day we didn't have fancy magic: we used nothing more than wooden bows and our apparently unlimited supply of arrows, and we made do just fine! Why, we would walk 15 miles though the snow and rain, merely to get kicked in the behind by a truly fearsome creature; then we'd show him what for, believe you me! Why, I could pick off a gnat on a Balrog's behind from 20 paces, and if only we had already invented spectacles, I believe I could do it still!

PS Is anyone else thinking a OLD-esque variant for the Rogue? Perhaps the MOLD: Mother of the Geezer ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.

Messages In This Thread
How I believe GA and pierce should work together - by Elric of Grans - 04-03-2003, 11:43 PM