Warning email from Blizzard
Wow, I hadn't even thought of the Da-fuk-a-fu possibility. When I created the name, it was meant to be Da-fu-Ka-fu, like most of you thought it was. I typed them an email this morning, and... well, here it is:

Quote:Hi,

I originally intended this name to be Dafu-Kafu or Dafu_Kafu, but due to the naming restrictions, had to settle for putting them together, as you can see.  I did not in any way intend this name to be offensive or rude, and at first did not even SEE how it could be interpreted as such.  I assume you are pronouncing the name as Da-fuk-a-fu, where I was pronouncing it like this:  Da-fu-ka-fu. 
    I think your naming policy is stretching a little bit too far in this case, as the 'fuk' in the middle of my name is purely coincidental.  In searching for people with rude or inappropriate names I think it may have found an offense that really wasn't there, and could use a little bit of tweaking to help future cases like this. 
    For example, anyone naming their character 'KungFuKing' would be accused of an inappropriate and offensive name under this method.  While I agree it isn't a very good name anyways, the person who made it certainly isn't trying to be rude or vulgar.  If you could add hyphens or underscores to the naming system, a lot of problems like this would be solved before they happen. 

As I said before, my original name was meant to be DafuKafu, or Dafu_Kafu, not Da-fuk-a-fu.  I believe my name is not inappropriate or rude enough to be changed.  I ask that you reconsider this decision knowing I had no intentions of offending anybody in any way, and that the appearance of 'fuk' is purely a coincidence. 
    If you really worry that someone might read it as Da-fuk-a-fu, then try DafuKafu, which will encourage my original pronunciation.  Capitals CAN make a huge difference, for example:   "daFUKafu" and "DafuKafu". 

Thank you for your time,
{name edited out},
Refrigerator

Also, you might want to make some changes to whatever sort of system made this email to me.  There is very weird formatting in places:

<<<
Hello {name again!},Account Name: REFRIGERATORRealm/Server: Beta ServerOld Character Name: DafukafuNew Character Name: KalionOffense:
>>>

and it's completely cut off at the end:

<<<
As a result, this Beta Test account has received a warning.Be aware that additional inappropriate
Kindan
Game Master
Blizzard Entertainment
>>>

which doesn't help me be aware of what additional inappropriate SOMETHING would incur.

Thanks for your input, all of you, which helped me write this email. I'm pretty sure you can see the parts that came almost directly from this thread :lol:

EDIT: Along with my text, I also sent along their email at the top of the letter.

Messages In This Thread
Warning email from Blizzard - by Refrigerator - 09-03-2004, 06:03 AM
Warning email from Blizzard - by JustAGuy - 09-03-2004, 06:33 AM
Warning email from Blizzard - by Ruvanal - 09-03-2004, 10:36 AM
Warning email from Blizzard - by Bolty - 09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
Warning email from Blizzard - by --Pete - 09-03-2004, 02:00 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by Refrigerator - 09-03-2004, 03:34 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by --Pete - 09-03-2004, 04:08 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by MongoJerry - 09-03-2004, 04:49 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by LavCat - 09-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by Refrigerator - 09-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Warning email from Blizzard - by Guest - 09-03-2004, 07:11 PM