The issue of player-count when
Jarulf,Aug 24 2004, 02:10 PM Wrote:
Brista,Aug 24 2004, 10:44 AM Wrote:I think this is not quite correct

What I believe happens is the game first checks her regular drop and then her special rune drop for each pick. If unsuccessful with both it then assigns a no drop for that pick

With more players each pick is more likely to succeed in getting a regular drop so it reduces the rune drop chance simply because for that pick it didn't get so far as to check the rune drop
The countess drop works the following way. It is made up by two parts, done after each other. The first part is in turn made up of a "normal" drop, that is, it is a number of random items, each of which can be a NoDrop as well. The rune drop is a drop made up by droping random runes.

All this works OK except for the fact that the game has a hard cap on a maximum of 6 items on any particular kill/drop. Now, the countess Treasure Class and its drop is set up so that the first part, if no NoDrops are generated, plus the number of runes will be higher than 6 items. In that case the game aborts the drops immediately and the full run drop will not take place.

Since more players in a game means a smaller chance for a NoDrop, it means that the more players there is in a game, the higher is the chance that the drop for the Countess will be aborted due to the cap at six items and it will be the special run drop that will not be fully done.
To elaborate, I did research on the countess rune drop:

The first decision on rolling is that of normal items as stated by Jarulf. The second, known as the special rune drop is divided in three seperate chances at attaining a successfull drop. The less chances the countess has for "no drop" causes the special rune drop to have better drop odds.

The only thing this really effects is her ability to drop runes above Ist in hell difficulty. When in a full game she has better odds of dropping three successfull special drops which cannot be higher than ist runes. I say this because no one really runs the countess for items.

Nice to see you back Jarulf.

Messages In This Thread
The issue of player-count when - by [wcip]Angel - 08-23-2004, 09:40 PM
The issue of player-count when - by Thrugg - 08-23-2004, 10:05 PM
The issue of player-count when - by Crystalion - 08-24-2004, 04:07 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Obi2Kenobi - 08-24-2004, 04:44 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Jarulf - 08-24-2004, 06:27 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Brista - 08-24-2004, 08:47 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Brista - 08-24-2004, 08:50 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Brista - 08-24-2004, 09:10 AM
The issue of player-count when - by Jarulf - 08-24-2004, 01:16 PM
The issue of player-count when - by gta-maloy] - 08-25-2004, 11:12 AM