Why do monsters attack certain targets?
Heiho,

that was back in 1.09, in 1.10 BW/BP aren't 3rd Party monsters but allied minions. Other minions like Skeletons, Pets and hirelings won't attack allied BW/BPs in 1.10, and friendly ranged attacks will simply pass the Bones. Even a nonpartied but also nonhostile player can't scratch 'em.

The side effect is, you can't get rid of a randomly casted BP by Arm of King Leoric, because you can't destroy it. This is important especially in some places in act1, where fire carpets are around. Due to the continuing damage of stationary fire you can trap yourself wearing Leoric with no chance of waiting till the BP timer wears off. Simply because in the lifetime of one BP you suffer from frame based fire damage so often that there will be one or more additional BPs in this time.

I once spend nearly a whole belt of Juvis in that far corner in Andariel's room where some Rogue corpses are burning till I gave up and rejoined the game ^^

another side note: Spearcats are the only enemies I know whose air missiles will ignore the bones. Their spears simply ignore all minions, pets, decoy and whatnot, IIRC even hirelings, and will only damage players.
Yes, it is a bug, but a strange one I think.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Why do monsters attack certain targets? - by Wyrm - 08-10-2004, 04:00 PM
Why do monsters attack certain targets? - by Wyrm - 08-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Why do monsters attack certain targets? - by Wyrm - 08-14-2004, 04:34 PM
Why do monsters attack certain targets? - by librarian - 08-14-2004, 07:00 PM